The Rotterdam Student Rugby Club (RSRC) is looking to recruit a head coach from the 2018/2019 season onwards.
RSRC is a large student rugby club located in Rotterdam, The Netherlands, and is linked to Erasmus University Rotterdam. The club has three student teams, with in total 100+ student players, playing in the Dutch Tweede Klasse, Derde Klasse, and Vierde Klasse (2nd, 3rd and 4th Class). Even though similar in size, the top of Dutch student clubs play in 1st Class, a level the RSRC is willing to reach with the right Head Coach.
RSRC plays a dynamic brand of rugby with a focus on smart rugby, fitness and skill over size.
An opportunity exists for an ambitious coach who is willing and able to take RSRC to a higher level, promoting our first team to First Class and overseeing the development of a large group of young rugby players. Developing student players is the long-term mission statement for the RSRC.
- Coach and train the 1st XV of the RSRC.
- Presence Tuesday & Thursday evenings plus Sundays (22 games/season)
- Developing a RSRC game plan that can be introduced in all three teams according to their level.
- Responsible for the technical year plan and the weekly structure for the training of all teams.
- Responsible for team selections within the agreed selection policy.
- Participating in the individual developmental of all RSRC A-players (most committed players).
- a Good communicator with university students aged 18-25 and have good understanding of university student culture.
- a Team player, working and meeting with the coaches of our 2nd and 3rd
- Proficient in English (speaking).
- Visionary in rugby.
- The challenge of bringing the RSRC to a higher level.
- Being able to work with an international mix of highly motivated student players from around the globe.
- Contract with and compensation by Erasmus Sport, the sport association linked to Erasmus University Rotterdam.
If you are interested in this position, please send a short motivational letter describing your strengths as a coach and your coaching CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A work-test in providing a training session for 1XV will be among the methods of assessing the coaching skill.
Subscriptions are open until the first of June.
President Rotterdamse Studenten Rugby Club
+31 6 4141 6565